|Programme area||Capacity Strengthening|
|Partner||ASWA | CAL | GENDER DYNAMICS | HIVOS | SAFAIDS |M&C SAATCHI | POSITIVE VIBES|
The eight countries included in the program account for 81% of people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa. Despite the achievements in reducing AIDS-related deaths in the past decade and an overall decline in most countries, new infections in key populations are on the rise. The overall goal of the regional proposal is to strengthen region KP networks and communities systems in Southern Africa.
An interrelated set of objectives have been formulated as part of a regional response, with anticipated impact and outcomes at national level.
- Strengthening four existing and/or emerging regional KP networks in Southern Africa so that they are able to work together and with others in a strategic and efficient manner in order to contribute to the effective development, monitoring and reporting of HIV prevention, testing and treatment programs and policies at the regional and national level.
- Improving data collection as well as the use, management, scale up and replication of innovative best practices to enable more responsive programming and policies at the national level to improve KP access to HIV prevention, testing and treatment.
- Developing and disseminating messaging co-created with KPs to shift attitudes and beliefs for reduction in stigma and discrimination as a key barrier to preventing KPs from accessing prevention, testing and treatment for HIV.
- Capacity strengthening of the two existing regional networks (AMSHeR and ASWA) for more meaningful participation and representation for program and policy development, implementation, monitoring and reporting for improved KP HIV service access.
- Development and implementation of a costed KP REACH Action Plan for each regional network.
- Establish and host KP REACH OUT ‘a regional KP alliance’ to develop a collective advocacy plan, share strategic information and mobilise resources on issues related to KPs in the Southern Africa region Conduct KP-led data and evidence generation on GBV and KPs.